Communicating research findings derived from the study of DETA-related phenomena to inform practice in a timely manner is an ongoing challenge that many of us have sensed in the field. The collection of DETA Research Briefs is one potential way to help overcome this challenge. As part of our original grant funding from the ED FIPSE, we developed research briefs to capture research at our partner institutions and share the findings with the community, so it could more expeditiously improve practice. We now work to continue these efforts for all of our community.
All DETA community members are invited to submit briefs of their research for publication in our collection of research briefs. Below are requirements for submission. Please carefully review the requirements and prepare your brief accordingly.
- Review the DETA Collection of Research Briefs to ensure that your research aligns with the collection. It should provide rigorous findings that can immediately inform practice for educators.
- Download a copy of the DETA Research Brief template. The template provides a framework content, style, and design.
- Prepare your document following the template (e.g., font type, text size, line spacing, margins, format). The template outlines content required in the brief – title, authors, and institution along with the required sections (abstract, introduction, methods, results, conclusion, and further reading). Paste your content into the Word doc as plain text.
- Adhere to APA Formatting Guidelines (in-text citations, references, figures, tables), and ensure it is finalized including any editing, grammar, punctuations, style, or references. All figures and tables are placed within the text at appropriate points. It should be 5 pages or less.
- Gather your information to complete the submission form below – lead author name and contact information, research brief title (make it brief), APA reference citation with authors, abstract, and keywords to submit your research brief for review.
- Submit the form below. Please submit your brief of your research using this form in a .pdf or .docx format by including a link to the doc or uploading the file.